The Lancashire Colleges (TLC) was established in 1998, to enhance collaborative activity between Further Education (FE) Colleges in the Lancashire sub-region of North West England. We are a not for profit company limited by guarantee. Our activities are overseen by a Board of Directors comprising the Principal and Chief Executive of each member college, supported by a small executive team. Member colleges include General Further Education Colleges, Sixth Form Colleges and a specialist land-based college, reflecting the diversity of the college sector as a whole.
- Colleges in Lancashire train and educate 100,000 young people and adults each year
- With a combined turnover in excess of £250m and employing around 10,000 people, colleges make a significant contribution to the Lancashire economy
- They work with 15,000+ businesses in Lancashire and 9 out of 10 employers who use colleges for training say that it has benefited their business
- Colleges deliver more than 12,000 Apprenticeships each year
- Almost 80% of Lancashire’s 16-18 year olds study in colleges
- Colleges provide degree and higher level programmes to more than 11,000 students each year.